Monday, May 18, 2009

type design







I love this class. It is so incrdibly challenging! i have never had the opportunity to design my own typeface (font) and this is a really awesome experience. I have learned so much through my struggles and frustrations. ( you have to really want it!) Here is the first part of the typeface. It is called Chihuly because i designed it based off the works of Dale Chihuly, my fav. artist at the moment. I still have a majority of the alphabet to design and will post it when it is completed in 3 weeks! :) I included the images i based my design off of. Hope yo like it, and if you don't, i don't care cuz i do! hehehe

1 comment:

  1. The final font turned out to represent Dale. Great job on the out come I would love to see some of your first drafts along with the final.

    ReplyDelete