Friday, April 17, 2009

whew!

Sorry for not writing for awhile. The road is long and the party is hopping! I am FINALLY settled in my apartment in North Trier. It is an adorable flat, 3 bedrooms, one bath, a adorable kitchen. We are located under the roof of a 4 story appt. building and the view is incredible. I live with NO dryer, no dishwasher, no t.v., no car, and no air conditioning...and i love it. The Germans are so envirometaly conscious. I wish the rest of the world took recycling, water conservation, and OUR PLANET in general more seriously. I have started school which was a pleasent surprise. In Germany they treat you like an adult, you dont have to go to class like in the US, actually you dont really have class too often BUT you are responsible for getting everthing done and efficently! Plus the competition out here is rediculious, everyone in my shcool is so incredibly talented, it makes me push myself that much more. We have had two beautiful weeks full of sunshine. I go running down by the Mosel (aka river) that carves throught his valley of vineyards and it takes my breahte away. I have met some pretty interesting charaters, 2 lovely ladies from Holland, 2 guys from Spain, one guy from Finland, and a whole lot of Germans. The Germans are a friendly folk, haven't had really too much difficulty with getting around etc. If you are ever trying to go to Europe, i would highly reccomend making a stop in Germany, well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment