Friday, April 17, 2009

Trier














Trier, what can i say about Trier. It is amazing, beautiful, clean, homely, quaint with all the comforts of a really big city, diverse, has a unique, diverse night life, and feels alive all the time. People here are so nice. I feel like i get a lot of stares, but maybe that's because i am speaking in English, most of the time broken English because i am trying to learn German and incorporate it. I was amazed by how many people here have dread locks. WOW, move over Lawrence, KS. We have schnitzel, 24hour Kebab house, a Nordsea ( fish, GOOD, cheap fish!!!!), a Porta Negra, vineyards, the Mosel (river that runs throug my town), two incredible churches, castles up in the hills and a beautiful university. The beer is good and plentiful. The company is nice and I meet more and more interesting people everyday. It was very easy to adapt to this lovely land. I can see why people live here. I would highly consider it if I could get this learning German thing down. We frequent this coffee shoppe called Lubke (lube-ka), it is on the top floor of a building and all windows, filled with couches, fluffy stuff, lots of awesome chairs etc. A great place to study. Oh and did I mention it is legal to walk around naked?? haha not recommended though. Also, you can walk around with an open container of alcohol, any type of alcohol...and it is normal. At my school you can buy beer in the vending machene...crazy?! The town center is constantly full of life. It is about a 10 minute walk from my flat. The buildings are adorable. All so different and quaint, exactly what you would expect of Germany. I didn't realize how big this town was until i got lost looking for the art supply store...so much shopping, my mother would never leave! :) and good shopping! Public transportation is fantastic. I only take the bus late nights and early mornings. I live next to this BEAUTIFUL cemetary, it is sooooo amazing that it isn't creepy. Some of the grave stones are older than America. I could wonder around it for hours. People really take good care of it. Most of the grave are huge family plots and some are quite intricate. The only thing i have to complain about is that I can't find cheetos or face mosturiser anywhere... :)... hey life is grand

No comments:

Post a Comment